Moen 3520 Moentrol valve 1/2"

Users who are viewing this thread

billrea

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just finished installing Moen 3520 valve(solder) for tub/shower. Turned on water supply to test. When turning shower/tub water flow control nothing is coming out of the tub pipe. If I remove moen valve cartridge, hot water comes out of valve, same for cold water. Put cartridge back in, and I get nothing. Any ideas? Valve is placed with hot on left, and cold on right. Marking on valve denoting up, is facing up.

Thanks as always for your help. It is truly appreciated.

Bill

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Did you have both the hot and cold on at the same time? If not, the spool valve (pressure balance) may have been jammed to one end and won't let water through.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
From your description, you imply that you have both hot and cold water to the valve, but your symptom implies that one or the other is turned off. If something is not turned off, we may need more information, or you need a plumber to diagnose it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks