MAPP Gas Torch Head, What do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam Thompson

Reaction score
MAPP Gas Torch Head, What do you use? I'm searching for a GREAT reliable torch head. Im using the Victor TX504 extreme don't care much for it.

tx-504-extreme.jpg

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
MAPP Gas Torch Head, What do you use? Im searching for a GREAT reliable torch head. Im using the Victor TX504 extreme dont care much for it.

I'm old school. f*ck mapp gas. I carry a b-tank with acetylene. It burns hotter and it's more reliable in tight spaces because it has a very focused pinpoint flame. F*ck cute little yellow tank mapp gas wannabe posers.

in Whoville they say that the Plumber's small dick grew three sizes that day. Get a b-tank you f*cking minnows

upload_2021-5-23_9-43-2.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
you guys are full of it ! real plumbers use plastic its solvent welding. soldering who does that? better yet shark bites!

Adam Thompson

Reaction score
I'm old school. f*ck mapp gas. I carry a b-tank with acetylene. It burns hotter and it's more reliable in tight spaces because it has a very focused pinpoint flame. F*ck cute little yellow tank mapp gas wannabe posers.

in Whoville they say that the Plumber's small dick grew three sizes that day. Get a b-tank you f*cking minnows

View attachment 73976

LOL I've got a B-Tank and I use it often.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a B-Tank somewhere I think. Haven't used it in years.

soldering_kit.jpg

everflux!! that stuff SUCKS. And the cute little car battery tool that they say is a plumbing tool. I've never known anyone to use that shit. good old sanding cloth. Surely you're not using everflux!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Everflux, I have never had a leak, and it meets our plumbing codes here. We don't use acid flux here.
The wire brush is quick and works well. You will notice I also have emory cloth with my kit too.
What solder are you using? Are you still using 50/50? I've been lead free since the 70's.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Everflux, I have never had a leak, and it meets our plumbing codes here. We don't use acid flux here.
The wire brush is quick and works well. You will notice I also have emory cloth with my kit too.
What solder are you using? Are you still using 50/50? I've been lead free since the 70's.

We stopped using 50/50 here about thirty years ago. My flux-of-choice is Laco. I get good flow with Laco. I've tried numerous other types of flux, but nothing beats LACO

la-co-flux.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-24_13-13-17.png
    upload_2021-5-24_13-13-17.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 164
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks