Loop vent for kitchen island

Users who are viewing this thread

tgold

Reaction score
I just want to make sure my plan for moving some plumbing around for a kitchen remodel is sound. I am moving the kitchen sink from the wall to an island. I've never done a loop vent before and all the examples I've see online have the vent going to a different area than the drain.
Like This:
FH03OCT_ISLANSI_01.JPG

Since I am moving it from the existing sink that goes strait down from the vent, I'm not sure if that is a problem. Here is my current setup:
baDLg.jpg

I'm not sure why there are 2 drain pipes converging to one in the basement all of them are 2" including the one they end up in that goes under the floor. Any chance I could combine them to simplify things? Here is what I am thinking for the new setup I kept the 2 drains separate for simplicity:
OtUnc.jpg

Does it matter how far above the vent line is above the drain line when they hit the main vertical pipe? I'm also moving my washer which requires running a horizontal vent. Any issue with moving that the way I've drawn it? Some people have recommended an AAV, but it seems those eventually wear out or cause problems. If I'm going through the trouble of running pipes, I would rather do it the right/best way. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

tgold

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my setup is good Terry. Is there any minimum distance that I need to follow for the loop vent between the drain and vent when it hits the stack?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks for confirming my setup is good Terry. Is there any minimum distance that I need to follow for the loop vent between the drain and vent when it hits the stack?

I'm not sure what you mean, but the kitchen sink gets a 2" cleanout and the foot vent gets a cleanout too. Thinking about that, it should be set up to snake from the wall that it goes up in and then revent at 42".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks