Looking into purchasing a bidet. Is it worth the investment?

Users who are viewing this thread

CautiousDIYer

Reaction score

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This web site has plenty to choose from too.

https://hygieneforhealth.com/

galaxy-gb-5000-ew-terrylove-01.jpg

Updated January 2023
I gave this one to Pamela, and I have a second one for my son Jamie's powder bath. Now when I visit them, they will have these for me to use.

Last edited:

JerryR

Reaction score
I’ve had bidet seats, (Toto Washlet) for 7 years now. I recently convinced a friend to buy a basic Brondell bidet seat online for $89. A few weeks later all he could talk about is how great it is. I talked to him today and he told me he bought 3 seats and had them directly shipped to each of his 3 sisters as CHRISTMAS GIFTS! Tonight he talked his elderly sister on the phone through installing one on her toilet. 30 minutes after it was installed he got a call from his exited sister saying it’s the best gift ever.

Tonight I ordered one for my RV.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Once I started working in an office with a Toto bidet seat I was hooked. I have them at home and even purchased a travel version that I took on my recent Caribbean vacation. I think someone posted that the Toto had the least flow of all several others but I've found it completely adequate.

I've only used and installed Toto and Kohler and service Totos.

I've never touched any of the other brands.

Reach4

Reaction score
I like my Joy Bidet C2-SC. It may be discontinued. It is important that it be used with a wooden seat, rather than one that flexes.

No electric. No heat, but surprisingly it is not a problem. Definitely more powerful than the expensive units.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find that they clean worth a crap...

John

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find that they clean worth a crap...
Not sure what you are saying. Making a funny?
Saying the self cleaning function is not very effective? I would agree with that.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are some jobs that a bidet can't quite get 100 percent. The toilet paper doesn't completely leave the picture (at least not in my case). I have a cheap bidet seat and it pressure washes my butt. It works great. I pat dry and check to make sure the bidet got it all. Sometimes there's a need for TP then a second blast.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Not sure what you are saying. Making a funny?
Saying the self cleaning function is not very effective? I would agree with that.

Both! Be aware it's not easy being an internet comedian these days..

John

Reach4

Reaction score
Be aware it's not easy being an internet comedian these days..
My bidet attachment really hits the spot.

Here is an expression that only sounds like a joke: enema mode.

Last edited:

Old_Pipes

Reaction score
With what happened with the toilet paper crisis, I've been looking at getting myself a bidet converter kit. But first I wanted to hear other peoples experiences with them.

Is the water pressure enough to get you clean?
How well do the air dryers work?

I was trying to decide between two models, if anyone has tried these, I would love the feedback.
https://www.barumiusa.com/product-page/bidet-toilet-seat-converter-kit
https://alphabidet.com/products/alpha-jx-bidet-seat

Old_Pipes

Reaction score
I installed a low-cost washlet bidet seat from Toto, it's even not heated. It works well, bracing in winter but. Works downstairs but pressure is too low upstairs which is a bit weird. In any case once to you start using these devices you won't want to go back to the stone age method.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I installed a low-cost washlet bidet seat from Toto, it's even not heated. It works well, bracing in winter but. Works downstairs but pressure is too low upstairs which is a bit weird. In any case once to you start using these devices you won't want to go back to the stone age method.
What TOTO Washlet isn't heated? Everything I've ever sold plugged into the 110 outlet and had heated water.

index.php

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I ran my water lines too close together. Now my cold line gets warm as my recirc keeps it that way. As a result my cheap bidet seat gives the user warm water for about one cleaning. Although the cold water that comes later doesn't bother me, my girlfriend doesn't like it much.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can load it with hot water, but the capacity is too small for one use IMO.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can load it with hot water, but the capacity is too small for one use IMO.
I opted for the squeeze bottle kind to take travelling with me overseas.. I also have taken it backpacking. 300ml I think is the capacity..

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
The Bio Bidet USPA 6800 for sale at Costco has 800ml of warm water reservoir. There's a wall separating the toilet area and the bathroom vanity. I'm thinking of tapping the warm (hot) water valve under the sink to bring to the toilet area enclosed space. What would you recommend to extend the warm water supply across the wall that doesn't look like a hack job?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks