Looking into purchasing a bidet. Is it worth the investment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is no reason to run hot water to a bidet seat. They work great with the cold water supply that the toilet already has.
Have you ever used a bidet seat yet? I've been using them for years and have sold hundreds of them, and nobody complains about the water temperature running off the cold supply. Don't make this harder than it needs to be.

biobidet-6800u-02.jpg
biobidet-6800u-01.jpg

biobidet-6800u-04.jpg

biobidet-6800u-03.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Bio Bidet USPA 6800 for sale at Costco has 800ml of warm water reservoir. There's a wall separating the toilet area and the bathroom vanity. I'm thinking of tapping the warm (hot) water valve under the sink to bring to the toilet area enclosed space. What would you recommend to extend the warm water supply across the wall that doesn't look like a hack job?
I agree with Terry... Butt: If you were to run warm water to your bidet seat.

The discharge water temperature from a bidet fitting shall be limited to not greater than 110°F (43°C) by a water-temperature-limiting device conforming to ASSE 1070/ASME A112.1070/CSA B125.70.

I've installed thermostatic mixing valves to deliver tepid water to a side sprayer style bidet. Those clients actually later wanted the water colder.

Toto products will shut off the bidet water if they are fed with too hot of water.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The discharge water temperature from a bidet fitting shall be limited to not greater than 110°F (43°C) by a water-temperature-limiting device conforming to ASSE 1070/ASME A112.1070/CSA B125.70.
OMG, yes, you don't want to scald your privates with hot water. Having used these a long time, you don't want hot water, just warmed water.

If you want to play with temperatures they make those too. I would not want hot water running to a bidet seat that I'm using though,

kohler-bidet.jpg

bidet-sitting-04.jpg

Last edited:

Rmk9785e

Reaction score
There is no reason to run hot water to a bidet seat. They work great with the cold water supply that the toilet already has.
Have you ever used a bidet seat yet? I've been using them for years and sold hundreds of them, and nobody complains about the water temperature running off the cold supply. Don't make this harder than it needs to be.

View attachment 88177View attachment 88178

View attachment 88175

View attachment 88176
Thank you for the common sense advice. It was a stupid idea.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for the common sense advice. It was a stupid idea.
Having heated water at the bidet isn't a Stupid idea. All of Totos Washlets and Neorest toilets have heated water. However having scalding water pointed at your privates is not a good idea. Just have to be careful about these things. My portable bidet unit gets ice cold stream water into it while I'm hiking.. still works.

bidet-sitting-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I remember hooking kitchen sprayer up to a tee for a foreigner many moons ago.
You old timers remember when all the fancy people had to have those Kohler bidet that were a separate fixture. The faucet had a million parts for it with a pop up drain polished brass of course LOL . My Moms house has one built in 95 kind of towards the end for that Fad.
Most people call a toilet seat a bidet now

bidet-sitting-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks