Leveling Americast Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

edjerum

Reaction score
I'm installing a American Standard Princeton tub as part of a remodel. Subfloor is about 1/8" low on the drain side.
I planned to set the tub in Easy Sand 90 and use shims to level the tub, but the AS instruction say to use silicone beads for leveling. If I do this it doesn't seem like I could also use the EZ SAND. Looking for ideas for best way to proceed.

Also have a question about how to install the stringer since the floor is not level.

Thanks

americast-tub-instructions-1.jpg

Attachments

• BD6C62EC-9325-4F44-B733-D34A92F56AE4.jpeg
    BD6C62EC-9325-4F44-B733-D34A92F56AE4.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 300
  • DA3E6B2D-5649-4CC1-9A9F-A104A6A313C8.jpeg
    DA3E6B2D-5649-4CC1-9A9F-A104A6A313C8.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:

edjerum

Reaction score
American Standard tech told me this morning to only use the silicone under the base and that the text saying it was okay to set in mortar was in the process of being removed from the instructions. He said the silicone will help with leveling and make the tub solid.

Stuff

Reaction score
I thought the silicon was for preventing squeaks. Unlike cast iron, the Americast tubs flex and make noise if not perfectly supported.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks