Leave the Sharkbites or Solder

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by IrishGuy256, Nov 22, 2019.

1. IrishGuy256

IrishGuy256 New Member

I'm in the home stretch of redoing my shower. I cut the supply lines and replaced with 3/4" Sharkbite ball valves so I could take my time getting the pipe and valves right for the shower and for the tub that shares a common wall with the shower. My question is whether or not I could just leave the Sharkbites and push in new supply lines going up to all the new plumbing or if I should pull them, make a clean cut, and solder the new supply pipe. There will be no access to the ball valves once I start tiling. I like the ball valves because it lets me test all my solder connections easily without having to run back and forth to the street to turn the water to the house on and off. What do you think? Thanks.

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    IF there's no access, I'd remove them and solder in the needed bits. You can use them for some other task.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

If you get a rough in faucet body with shut off screws built in, you won't need the ball valves. Moen 62360 is such a rough in.
    I would go copper through out, no Sharkbite connectors inside the wall.