Laundry Sink and Washing Machine Vent Question

Discussion in 'Canadian Plumbing Code Questions' started by Drake Despond, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Drake Despond

Drake Despond New Member

Hey Guys,

So I just moved into my new home and I want to add a washing machine in the basement. There is already a laundry sink down there...which has a p trap and vented properly. I have attached a picture of the sink and vent set up and just want to find out the proper (code) way of running the washing machine drain/standpipe. Like how high in the vent should the drain be tied into? Any bit of help would be appreciated. The house is only 2 years and I want to try and keep things that I do to the house up to code.
    Thanks,

Drake.

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Each trap gets a vent, and those vents can tie together at 42" above the floor or six inches above the overflow of the highest fixture.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Drake Despond

Drake Despond New Member

Hey Terry,
    Thanks a lot for getting back to me.
    So I can tie into that stack (that is in the picture) where the laundry sink is already vented? And the vent for the washing machine will need to be 42" above the floor or 6" above the washing machine stand pipe?
    What kind of tee will I need to tie that vent into the stack?
    Thanks.

5. Drake Despond

Drake Despond New Member

Would you be able to draw on that picture I posted and show me how you would do it? Sorry, just struggling on trying to visualize this setup.