Laundry Sink and Washing Machine Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Drake Despond

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I just moved into my new home and I want to add a washing machine in the basement. There is already a laundry sink down there...which has a p trap and vented properly. I have attached a picture of the sink and vent set up and just want to find out the proper (code) way of running the washing machine drain/standpipe. Like how high in the vent should the drain be tied into? Any bit of help would be appreciated. The house is only 2 years and I want to try and keep things that I do to the house up to code.
Thanks,

Drake.

Attachments

• 20210126_192123.jpg
    20210126_192123.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 236

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Each trap gets a vent, and those vents can tie together at 42" above the floor or six inches above the overflow of the highest fixture.

Drake Despond

Reaction score
Each trap gets a vent, and those vents can tie together at 42" above the floor or six inches above the overflow of the highest fixture.

Hey Terry,
Thanks a lot for getting back to me.
So I can tie into that stack (that is in the picture) where the laundry sink is already vented? And the vent for the washing machine will need to be 42" above the floor or 6" above the washing machine stand pipe?
What kind of tee will I need to tie that vent into the stack?
Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks