Laundry Room & Bathroom Drain and Venting Configuration

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Nutley, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Nutley

Nutley New Member

Hi all, Ive been looking through the forums to try and a similar scenario to the one i have and im not sure if I am draining and venting this correctly. I have a bathroom on one side of the wall and a laundry room on the other. If you could please take a look at my drawing and let me know if on track or completely off. Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You're better off stacking two santees so that you get the correct height on the sink. The trap arms can't rise with fittings after the vent.
    The sink can run 42" to the vent, so the vertical vent takes care of the sink where it is, and only the washer needs to have the added vent.

Normally you have have that on a 2" waste line..........is that a 1.5" you're working with?

The washer should have a 2" standpipe and p-trap.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Where will the dryer vent go?

If that is an outside wall on the left, you might run the dryer vent outside there.

5. Nutley

Nutley New Member

So i should stack two sanitees insted of using the four way and then connect the washer drain below them?

The old sink line and vent for the toliet on the left are 1 1/2. Every thing will be switched over to 2" except the vent piping going through the roof and the old vent for the toliet.

The wall to the left is exterior and i plan on venting the dryer staight out.

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    [​IMG]

The sink here is the top santee, which could also be turned to the left if the sink were further away.
    The water supplies have hammer arrestors on them. A little less banging when the washer finishes filling up.

7. Nutley

Nutley New Member

Thanks Terry!