Ladies room toilet at a Boston Bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I've been asked to replace the ladies rm. toilet at a popular watering hole in Boston. They have a residential toilet and the when the ladies are finished they always use their foot to flush. The owner is constantly replacing the the handle and he wants to put a commercial or heavy duty water closet in, I'm thinking that I should go with the sloan flushometer, only thing is I'm sure that the women using the bathroom will still use their feet to flush and wear the flushometer out. I know they have those automatic flushers that flush when you get up.
I'm wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation on the most durable commercial toilet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have no intimate knowledge of this, but did see this on the Toto site...I've been happy as a consumer with my Toto, but they are residential...

Attachments

• toto electronic flushometer.jpeg
    toto electronic flushometer.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 349

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
EVERYBODY uses their foot to flush those commercial toilets. The handle is usually so low and in a narrow booth that you would have to bend down and put your face above the bowl to flush it by hand. Not many people are going to do that. The rest rooms in most watering holes are so filthy that nobody wants to touch anything with their hands.

I am confident that foot-flushing is one of the design requirements for commercial Flush-o-meter handles.

Maybe you could relocate the standard toilet tank up on the wall so the handle is about 42" off the floor. You won't get many ladies who will flush that with their foot.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sloan has been doing flushometers for a very long time. They have proven reliability, and plumbers have become experienced in working on them. Autoflush is definitely the way to go.

Others, like Zurn, etc, are making automatic valves. But in my somewhat limited experience, I would say the Sloans hold up better. Just my opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks