Kohler Levity Tub Door Installation

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Arch1, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Arch1

Arch1 New Member

I bought a new sliding tub door (Kohler Levity) a couple of months ago and am ready to install it. NOW I see it requires a 3" wide tub flat. All 4 tubs we have in 2 properties have 2-1/2" flats. Kohler says not to install it because the base supports the whole thing. I agree, but the base will be on a solid flat surface, side rails attached to walls (5 screws each side), and top rail attached to side rails. The only issue I can envision is the center guide will overhang the inner lip about 3/8". Anyone have any experience with this or similar, or have suggestions? We are stuck with the door (past return date policy of the seller).

2. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement