Kitchen faucet removal nut stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

NickAZ

Reaction score
Please forgive my lack of proper terminology. We are trying to install a new kitchen faucet but cannot remove the nut off the old faucet. It is a super tight area and really hard to get tools in there. It’s about 1 1/2” is that a standard size? It won’t budge. Considering cutting it off at this point if we can get something in there to cut it with. We tried using a telescoping basin wrench and an 8 in 1 faucet and sink installer multi purpose wrench. Nothing has been big enough to fit around the nut. Is there a specific tool to order that might be helpful?

Attachments

• BE2FC0F0-6F86-4CA8-9987-EB1FDA2F19E6.jpeg
    BE2FC0F0-6F86-4CA8-9987-EB1FDA2F19E6.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 343

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Basin wrenches come in several sizes.

basin-wrench-ridgid.jpg

Or wearing eye protection, using a drill bit through the nut to split it in half. Then you can just pop it off

faucet-nut-drilled-2.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You either use the tool Terry mentioned or cut the body under the sink with a recip saw with a long blade.
I'd choose cutting - it's faster. Just don't damage the sink or yourself and wear eye protection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks