kitchen faucet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

justdave56

Reaction score
my problem is with my kitchen faucet. several weeks ago water stop coming out of the faucet. when i turn either the cold or hot knob i get no water. if i mess with it and i may get a slow little trickle. so the only way i get water is through the sprayer. it works great for either hot or cold and great pressure!

i just understand stand why my faucet doesnt allow water. i've checked the aerator and it is clear of any obstruction. i do remember that about the same time i started having this problem the city turn off the water in the area because of a broken water line in the area. the water was off for about 6 to 7 hours. would that have any effect on my problem? to mean it seems at times like the faucet wants to work but it can't because of air?

this is driving me crazy and i would like to fix it myself and not call a plumber.

can anyone help?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like the diverter module is stuck. It is usually down inside the spout/body area of the faucet.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you actually remove the aerator or just visually inspect it? You must remove it to get to any foreign matter that may be plugging it up.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Depending on whether it's a single or two-handle faucet, you need to get in and find the diverter - the amount of disassembly is usually greater in a single-handle faucet - and once you've got it out, clean it and put it back in and it should work again. The ports in the diverter are the most likely to catch debris such as rust or sand.

Here's a blowup drawing of a Delta-type faucet showing the location of the diverter.

On a two-handle faucet, the diverter is in the center, usually beneath a cap or the spout, and uses a screwdriver or large screwdriver to remove.

Sometimes, they look like one of these:

6052393.jpg
Side_Spray_Diverter_2007.jpg

And there's a large selection on this page.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks