Kitchen Faucet Choice Kohler or Delta ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Murphysf

Reaction score
Hello

Need to install a new faucet in my parents kitchen.

My local cost has a Delta ($179) and a Kohler ($199).

Is one superior to the other? They don't really care about looks or features, they want whichever one is better quality.

Links are below

Question about the Kohler touchless feature. Can the lever still be used to turn the water off and on manually or is the lever just to adjust the temp?

https://www.costco.com/kohler-transitional-touchless-kitchen-faucet.product.100504486.html

https://www.costco.com/delta-varos-pulldown-kitchen-faucet.product.100682469.html

Thanks!!

Murphysf

Reaction score
It looks like the Kohler works only as a touchless.

This might be a dealbreaker for me. My elderly parents won't be able to change the batteries when the go out. That means they will be stuck without water? Or if the electronic valve breaks and won't supply any water... or if it get stuck in the open position

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like the Kohler works only as a touchless.

This might be a dealbreaker for me. My elderly parents won't be able to change the batteries when the go out. That means they will be stuck without water? Or if the electronic valve breaks and won't supply any water... or if it get stuck in the open position

There are plenty of other places to buy a Kohler faucet that isn't touchless. I'm not a fan of touchless either.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I been on a rant with Delta well not that bad but that diamond technology cartridge aren't the greatest they don't hold up that well they have lifetime warranty which helps . also you need to position the handle just in the perfect way or it will drip or leave a slight stream. they look nice work reasonably well but just need service more than I care for not horrible but a cut below what I expect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks