Delta 2 handle faucet issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Marc46

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
I installed 5 sets of the same Delta 4530 series 2 handle faucets way back in 2004. Have had very few issues with them over the years, but then again I have good water quality.

Anyway,.....the set in the cabana bath that is on a pedestal sink and virtually never gets used started to drip VERY slowly. I turned off the water until I could get around to fixing it.

Fast forward a few months to this AM, and I decide to take care of a few minor problems around the house. I turn the water back on one side at a time, and it seems the problem is with the cold side. I pop both handles off, and the hot side looks like new, the cold side has some staining from minerals, so that reinforces my belief in the cold side being the problem. I replace the (RP4993) seat and spring, and figure I may as well pop a new (RP25513) stem assembly in while I have it apart,.....what the heck.

delta-stem-assembly.jpg

All looks as if it's fixed, so I go about my business and come back to check several hours later to see that it is still dripping, but even slower than before.

I turn off the cold supply, and it stops for awhile. Then I see a few more drops in the bottom of the sink again later. I turn off the hot side supply and of course now I have no water drippage again. Since I have parts, I replace all the parts on the hot water side and turn both supplies on. Everything looks good, and I surely have nailed it now so I go back to something else.

A few minutes ago I check again, and the darn thing is still dripping about every 2 minutes or so. Anybody have any suggestions as to what is causing this S L O W drip? I've never run into this before needless to say, but I am HVAC, and in Florida we don't do both, so I don't know all the secrets! Lol

Thanks for any suggestions.

rp4993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Take the spring back out and stretch it some it will make the seat seal better to the stem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks