Jet pump / Well problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulyd

Reaction score
So today my well decided to start acting up and split the line going into it, I have since replaced the broken piece with new pipe also. However now after I prime the pump, it builds up pressure to around 37-39 psi and just sits there. If I turn the pump off it almost instantly blows all the water out of the pump pushing lose the glued parts. My question is what would be the main cause for the sudden push back up pressure.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't understand your second two sentences.

Paulyd

Reaction score
The pump will prime and build pressure, but will not hit the desired 40 psi its just stays pumping at 37-39 psi as if there is a leak, i hear no leak tho. If I manually turn off the pump off it causes the tank to discharge all the pressure and water back through the pumps intake.

Reach4

Reaction score
Show us a picture of your pump that includes and the pipe from the well and the pressure switch.

With a jet pump, there is normally a check valve. It can be near the pump, and it can be down the well as part of something called a foot valve. Those leaking can make you lose pressure.

However those should not cause you to not be able to get up to your normal pressure. Close the valve after the pressure tank, that cuts off water to the house. Does that let the pump pressure climb normally?

Also, how many pipes go between the pump and the well.

What was that bit about glued parts?
index.php

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The suction line on the pump will see pressure from the tank when the pump is off. The foot valve holds the pressure to keep the water from running back into the well. If your glue joints are blowing apart, then you probably didn't allow enough time for it to set.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks