Is sealing around the edges of a kitchen sink required as per national plumber's code?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Drew Griffiths, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Drew Griffiths

Drew Griffiths New Member

I have a newly constructed home and have noticed that my counter-top is starting to swell around the kitchen sink. Upon closer inspection I found the plumber just dropped the sink in and never sealed the edges and water has obviously been getting underneath and causing my counter-top to swell. I would just like to know if this is common practice or is sealing required by code?

Thanks in advance!

2. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Most sinks that I have installed lately have a seal on it. Sink and faucet must have some sort of seal. Especially if its a particle board contertop. Newly constructed kitchen sink you dont want to see any silicone. Plumber did bad job

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement