Is my drawing violating anything code wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jona77

Reaction score
I'm in NS! attached is a link to the original post on the DIY section which has more pictures of the current setup and also repost of the drawing with the combo wye change.

Any changes or notes? or is this OK? I will be securing the cast vent above this stack and reusing it with ABS on bottom. Please assume all is vented correctly, and there is another roof vent above the kitchen where the kitchen/dishwasher drain comes from.

Also I hope to add a basement washroom in the future. Would making one of the sanitary T's a double T to add a vent later and using the 2 inch washing machine/basement sink pipe for a shower/toilet/sink be ok? probably use a saniflo for the toilet.
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/cast-iron-to-abs-plumbing-stack-conversion.85632/

nRphTar.png

Last edited:

Jona77

Reaction score
Hi Jona,

I'm not a professional plumber so there might be other stuff I'm missing. But according to this article: http://www.ncwhomeinspections.com/Sanitary+Tees,+Wyes+and+Sanitary+Combos you're not allowed to put a sanitary T on it's back.

That would mean you have to change the 3x3x3 sanitary T with cleanout adapter + cap to a 3x3x3 wye and a 45degree 3x3 hub

I meant to upload a different picture but someone made that comment to me thank you again though! If thats the only issue that's been mentioned so far I'm feeling good about the rest of it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks