Insured Plumbers Vs Jacklegs

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
The truth is, you never give up. You just won't know if that next drug will work. Two years ago, I was told by my onc the drugs weren't working. Of course I already knew that. I tried, Rituxan again. Then, again. Sure, I grew a third eye, and another appendage, lol. but, it finally worked. So, you never know. I spent out of 10 years, 4 on chemo. But, I stop and think once in awhile~~just imagine, if I threw in the chips. Death is not an option, especially, with all the meds there are today. Even though I have NHL indolent and intermidate, I coordinate the breast cancer programs for the ACS. The success is a truly wonderful thing to see. No one needs to ever give up and abandon ship. Ever. We are learning so much.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I hope they caught this before stage 3.

Getting cancer in stage 1 has great results with chemo/radiation and Stage 2 can be attainable to get the upper hand if no lymph nodes involved.

Breast cancer's path is predictable most times in where it leads to next. Usually it goes from the breast to the spine or bone, which for most afflicted that is a tolerable situation.

But that step can be jumped unfortunately and it can go to one of five vital organs if L.N. was involved. Liver/kidneys/brain/lungs and reproductive area *women only*.

All of my above knowledge is first-hand experience to someone I knew personally.

Got an education I didn't want but it was good to know the ins and outs and what to expect.

Lymph nodes are the electrical system in the body; when cancer is involved in this network there is no reversal of fortune. Stem Cell infusion couldn't even stop it's aggressive manner.....just delayed the ending.

Cookie

Reaction score
Actually, mine was first diagnosed as a stage 3. Mine is of the lymph system. Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. This sometimes is alittle hard for people to understand, but, when mine was found it was found everywhere but my pelvic area. My spleen was infiltrated, my heart, both armpits and during staging my neck and ear. It continued to my arms, left leg, then my ankle. Also, 3 seemingly looking harmless, calcified, inoperable brain tumors. All by the time I was 44. Wow. I impress myself, lol. My body was busy. I am living proof, that stage isn't all that matters. It is developing an attitude that can't be beaten which counts the most, think Rocky.

7_5_125v.gif

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
But I thought you said it overflowed onto the ceiling below? How could that be if he's on the ground floor with a slab?

Nate..a large residential highrise in the city, floors are all slab...finsih ceilings below.
Ever work on a large building where they pour 'crete over corrugate?

Cookie

Reaction score
Hey Grumpy, I love your avatar, lol. You are going to make Cass jealous. :D He's got that big big helmet, lol

Construct30

Reaction score
cookie thank you so much for your posts, I do need all the hope I can get.

More surgery scheduled Monday. Dye injections about 7:00 and surgery to check lymph nodes at about 11:00. We need all the prayers and well wishes we can get right not,please no more information, I think we have all that we can handle right now.

Sorry this is a really bad way to high jack a thread, I've just been reading at night and this topic appealed to me right now. Sorry Terry,I know there are forums for what I have going on, but I feel comfortable here, thanks for the forum.

I've always believed in carrying a good amount of insurance, but you do need to afford it. I guess carry as much as you can to protect yourself and do the best job you can to keep happy customers, most trouble comes when you leave people high and dry, or in our case very wet down low, when you made a mistake. When you do something wrong I believe you need to make is right. I know some customers want to be terrible, but most want to know you are willing to try to make it right. If not your working for the wrong people which is a new thread.

Thanks to everyone.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Construct, While I can't speak for MPM who started this thread, I really don't think he will mind if you hijack it a little.

Construct30

Reaction score
Construct, While I can't speak for MPM who started this thread, I really don't think he will mind if you hijack it a little.

Thank you Cass.

I hope Terry don't mind. This is a bit of a downer. Not exactly the use the forum was intended for.

Nate R

Reaction score

Nate..a large residential highrise in the city, floors are all slab...finsih ceilings below.
Ever work on a large building where they pour 'crete over corrugate?

Ahhh, makes sense. Explains it all. I work in a building that has concrete floors above the level I work on. Never crossed my mind in this case.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sorry this is a really bad way to high jack a thread,

But sometimes there isn't a good way but to just say what's happening.
We are all just a blink from something good or bad happening.
We hope for the good, and when the bad happens, we hope some more.

I hope it all goes well for you. I've seen good things happen when things looked bad. Here's hoping your help arrives.

On a seperate note: My business used insurance last year. Glad I had it, and yes, premiums did go up for me for this coming year. But it's going to be a good year.

Construct30

Reaction score
The second surgery to remove and check some lymph nodes went well this morning. The test to map them with imaging was almost as bad. We received a good result from the surgeon so now we have a long road of treatment, but at least it is a little clearer. Thank You all for your warm wishes and prayers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks