Installing solid 3/8 risers to kitchen faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mturse, Sep 17, 2019.

1. mturse

mturse New Member

I was wondering if someone can help. I have searched the forums and web but can't find info. Most everyone says to use flexible braided lines from shutoff to faucet but I prefer the solid riser lines.
    Anyway, I understand how to connect solid riser at the shutoff with the compression nut and ferrule, but at the faucet, the tube has a "bulb" at the end as in the photo. When I connect this to the faucet do I use any kind of rubber seal, or is it metal to metal with a little pipe dope?
    Thanks in advance for the help,
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Retired
    There is no washer needed. Been using that type of supply line for years. Today you can get them in PEX.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mturse

mturse New Member

Thanks!!

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

6. mturse

mturse New Member

7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The side at the faucet is tightened first, and the compression side with the sleeve last. Same sequence as for a toilet riser.

8. mturse

mturse New Member

Excellent advice. Thank you