Innie or Outie?

Users who are viewing this thread

USAFRet

Reaction score
Doing my bathroom remodel and currently have the drain line for the toilet ending in a 3 inch couple fitting about three inches below the finished floor. To complete it, I can either trim the length of a "fit inside" closet flange, or run a 3 inch pipe up to the floor and then install a "fit over" flange. Does it make any difference which one I use? My thoughts are that the "fit inside" would result in the smoothest drain without the little ledge that the 3 inch pipe would present in the "fit over" option, but installing the "fit over" would certainly be easiest to get flush with the floor. ???

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You don't want to use an inside fitting flange on a 3" pipe. Sounds like you need to put a bend in there to get it up to the floor...they make a toilet bend that works well for that.

USAFRet

Reaction score
Been away from the computer for a few days and wanted to say thanks very much for the reply. I appreciate it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks