In search of a new pump pressure switch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Kentc80

Reaction score
Although I tend to be long-winded, I will try to keep this post as short as possible.

Hey there! My name is Kent. I am a home owner. I am a member of numerous forums and I have read the rules here and will also try to take into consideration the rules of the other forums that I am registered to. If my post is in the wrong area or I say something wrong here, please don't simply delete or move my thread to the appropriate location so I have to look all over God's creation to find it WITHOUT letting me know personally why my post was deleted or where my post was relocated to.

I was uncertain whether to post this here or under the electrical section, so I took a chance...

In a world where EVERYTHING has been outsourced to Mexico and China, it is a priority and is deeply rooted in me to put my money back into the country that I live in when at all possible, which is the good ole US of A. Having that said, I am in search of a water pump pressure switch and if such an item is made, it is a NECESSITY that it be AMERICAN made. If I cannot find an American made switch, I will probably go with a Square D (assuming that they are not made in USA). By doing what research I have done, I have found that Square D has stooped so low as to make their circuit breakers in Mexico now. I will take Hecho in Mexico over China any day of the week and twice on Sundays, but in reality, that's still not what I'm looking for. Please keep in mind that money is not an problem in this situation. If you can find what I'm looking for, ohhh, but it'll set me back $300, I'LL GLADLY FORK IT OUT TO GET WHAT I WANT. If you have no luck (as I have) please let me know. I'll probably just go with the Square D. If anybody is able to find what I'm looking for, I will determine the cut in/out pressures at a later time.

Any and all help you can give will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
People have been searching for and purchasing the cheapest items they can find. So, now all that is available is cheap products. No one is going to pay 300 bucks for a pressure switch. Square D Hecho in Mexico is the best you can do. But even the cheap pressure switches last a long time if you limit the times the pump cycles on and off. If you are having problems with the pressure switch, the problem is the pump is cycling too much, it is not a bad switch.

I have an Allen Bradley AB836C7A pressure switch that sells for about $400.00, but even that one won't last if the pump is cycling on and off repeatedly.

The PK1A shown here is what you need, and it comes with a new switch.

pk1a-md.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks