Cost of switching jet pump to submersible?

Users who are viewing this thread

KCunningham

Reaction score
Hi all.
My jet pump is in my finished basement closet and is LOUD..
Looking to change to a submersible pump in the Spring (also hoping to up my flow rate a bit for my maze of filters..)
Local company wants $160 just to come look and give a quote, so before I shell out that money to find out that I can't afford it or something, could anyone give me a ballpark on this job? I have a dug well ~15ft and it is ~100ft from the house.
Thanks in advance!
KC

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
As long as the casing is at least 4" diameter and half the 15' depth is full of water, a submersible is an easy and quite fix. You can get one of those Hallmark 1HP, 33 GPM, 230V pumps for not much more than that 160 bucks. But please purchase from Ebay or anyone except Amazon. Adding a good check valve on the pump and a PK1A kit to control everything, you will have strong constant pressure with no noise.

PS: With a dug well you need a flow inducer or shroud.

PK1A Sub Pitless House.jpg

Flow Inducer Installation.jpg

KCunningham

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Also need an idea of total project cost because electrical will also need to be run to the well with buried copper I'm guessing. The well is down the hill from the house and I'm guessing maybe ~10 ft lower than the basement is if that matters.
P.S. what kind of flow rate could I expect from a 1hp submersible?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
At 50 PSI the 1HP will put out about 23 GPM. But the Cycle Stop Valve will make it work from 1 to 23 GPM as needed. It is just an inexpensive pump. The fact that it is much larger than needed and would supply enough for 5 houses means nothing when you have a Cycle Stop Valve that can make that large pump act like a small one all or some of the time as needed.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pump $170.00

PK1A pump control kit $525.00

Check Valve $40.00

Misc pipe, fittings, wire (maybe 200 bucks)

Wire for a 1HP running less than 400'.
12/3 THHN

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Also need an idea of total project cost because electrical will also need to be run to the well with buried copper I'm guessing. The well is down the hill from the house and I'm guessing maybe ~10 ft lower than the basement is if that matters.
P.S. what kind of flow rate could I expect from a 1hp submersible?
A 1/2 inch 10 gpm pump would have plenty of pumping power for this job. But it would probably cost more that cheapie pump suggested.

What is the ID of your well?

KCunningham

Reaction score
for anyone coming across this in the future, in my situation it's going to cost ~$2000
cheers, thanks for the advice everyone

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks