IFO Cascade Toilet Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Khan1

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a swedish toilet manufactured by IFO, it's drain pipe is against the back wall and appers to be a 4" rough-in if I understand it correctly. Is there a direct replacent available for this type of toilet, or can I get something that is easier to modify to replace this unit.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IFO_Toilet.JPG
    IFO_Toilet.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 317

Khan1

Reaction score
Hi, yes I am in Santa Barbara, California. I believe the condo was built in 1983.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hi, yes I am in Santa Barbara, California. I believe the condo was built in 1983.
Other neighboring condo owners may have faced this question and found a good answer. Maybe ask at a resident meeting or on the email list.

Khan1

Reaction score
Most neighbors have converted floor drain to 11.5" inch rough-in. I will try replacing the flush valve float assembly first, which appears to have a visually invisible leak. Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
It sure looks to me as if somebody could fabricate a custom Unifit for that.

Khan1

Reaction score
There are 40 units in my complex, I plan on looking at as many as possible to get ideas on any fabrications, but that will take some time. I am also interested in wallmounted units those can be re-routed to use the existing drain. I guess I need to repair the leak for now and then continue my research for a permanent replacement.

Reach4

Reaction score
This is info about that Unifit idea... It might not be a practical idea.
index.php

A ceramic horn comes down into the black rubber gasket of a unifit. That is pretty close to the wall.

If you could modify some 12 inch unifits, perhaps with the aid of some 3d printer parts, people in the building could use Toto Unifit toilets. I am not saying this would be easy, but it seems possible. Those slots around 1/3 of the way from the right side of the picture hold the toilet down. The caulk helps keep the toilet from slipping left and right at the front.

index.php

Khan1

Reaction score
This is intriguing. I looked at Toto Carolina toilet with a rear bottom discharge. It appears that if something that can fit the between the toilet discharge and the floor, then it could work without breaking the floor and modifying the rough-in. The current distance from the wall and the center of floor drain is about 4". I will get all the measurements and see if someone with a 3D printer can craft the part that I need. Thanks.

Ecovita

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a swedish toilet manufactured by IFO, it's drain pipe is against the back wall and appers to be a 4" rough-in if I understand it correctly. Is there a direct replacent available for this type of toilet, or can I get something that is easier to modify to replace this unit.

Thanks.

Ecovita

Reaction score
You can still buy Ifö (IFO) Sanitar toilets. They are the best. They essentially inspired Toto to change its design and Ifo's toilets led to laws requiring low-flush toilets---because they showed you can flush with less water thanks that that S-curve and what I call the flow splitter. You might try DEA Bathroom Machineries way north of you to see if they still have some. Otherwise, as someone we know did a few years ago for an apartment building he manages, you can buy them from Sweden. They might also still be a California supplier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks