Household Water Treatment System Taxed with Irrigation - What should I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Frangeech

Reaction score
The current water treatment system delivers soft iron free water to the interior outlets (sinks, toilets, showers etc..) ... Except for when it is irrigation season.

Here's the skinny.....

Initially when I installed the system I was running the irrigation through the pH Neutralizer and AIO Filter only. Running this configuration I was getting Iron staining on my walkways, fencing and other non-organic surfaces the sprinklers came in contact with.

Despite best practices... recently I have piped in the irrigation to flow through the full system; pH Neutralizer, AIO Filter, and Softener. But it is quite obvious now that the water treatment system can't handle the irrigation load on top of the daily household demands. So I'm getting iron outside and inside the house now.

I have tried to optimize the irrigation run times, frequency, and scheduling to minimize the daily load on the water treatment system between regens. Even with the aforementioned irrigation optimizations I'm getting Iron breakthroughs inside and out.

Currently I have the pH Neutralizer and AIO Filter both set to regenerate every night, and the softener is set for Meter (flow) immediate to switch between tanks and regen.

Should I increase the size of the pH Neutralizer and AIO to 2.5 cubic feet?

Should I install a separate Iron system for irrigation only? If so, what size?

Any other details that I should mention that would help aid in solving my situation?

Household Overview:
Residential private well system
5 full bathrooms
6 persons
24 zone irrigation system

Water Treatment System Overview:
1.5 Cubic Feet Fleck 5600 pH Neutralizer (Calcite / Corsex blend)
1.5 Cubic Feet Fleck 5600SXT AIO Filter-OX
2.5 Cubic Feet Fleck 9100SXT Dual-Tank 80,000 Grain Softener

Water Quality from well head before treatment:
Hardness 45.1 ppm
Hardness (Ca,Mg) 45.08 ppm
Hardness (Total) 70.96 ppm
Iron 13.84 ppm
pH 4.92
Lead 0.008 ppm
Lithium 0.03 ppm
Manganese 0.26 ppm
Fluoride 1.51 ppm

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wish I knew the answer to this.. its one thing that we don't have to deal with in our area.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Your system is not likely going to be adequate for your application. Unfortunately most companies are incapable of designing equipment adequately for this type water and application. Since i don't like the online drama, please email me directly and i will make recommendations there. Your water is quite unique and the equipment you have is not quite correct... allan@Impactwaterproducts.com

Frangeech

Reaction score
Your system is not likely going to be adequate for your application. Unfortunately most companies are incapable of designing equipment adequately for this type water and application. Since i don't like the online drama, please email me directly and i will make recommendations there. Your water is quite unique and the equipment you have is not quite correct... allan@Impactwaterproducts.com
Thanks can't wait to see your recommendation's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks