Hot water coming out of Kitchen Cold Tap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jeremyl111, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Jeremyl111

Jeremyl111 New Member

I have scalding hot water coming from my kitchen cold tap. I have disconnected the faucet and let the water run into buckets to see if it would get cold and it did not. It is not warm water for 30 seconds to a min like I used to here in Texas.

I had a leak in the master bath in that line that was repaired. I guessing they screwed up but wanted to see if there was anything else I could check before I call them back out.

2. Jeremyl111

Jeremyl111 New Member

Just an update I have a gas hot water heater, and the thermostat is at the lowest setting. Also all of the other cold taps are producing cold/cool water. It is only the kitchen that has the problem. It worked fine before the contractor put in the concrete but something has changed. Any ideas?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Do you have a picture of the area that the repair was done?
    Is there a recirc line back to the water heater?

5. Jeremyl111

Jeremyl111 New Member

It
    It's under the slab covered in concrete. Not sure if there is a recirc line.

6. Bannerman

Bannerman Well-Known Member

Are there any faucets with a hose where water flow is controlled at the end of the hose and the hot and cold controls remains turned on? When hot and cold services are combined, then hot water will often 'push back' cold water in the cold line resulting in hot water from the cold faucets in nearby faucets. Perhaps there is a pull down nozzle on your kitchen or laundry sink faucet that has a flow control at the end of the pull down hose?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  7. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

put the cartridge in the bathroom tub/shower rough in you had flood in