Hot water coming out of Kitchen Cold Tap

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeremyl111

Reaction score
I have scalding hot water coming from my kitchen cold tap. I have disconnected the faucet and let the water run into buckets to see if it would get cold and it did not. It is not warm water for 30 seconds to a min like I used to here in Texas.

I had a leak in the master bath in that line that was repaired. I guessing they screwed up but wanted to see if there was anything else I could check before I call them back out.

Jeremyl111

Reaction score
Just an update I have a gas hot water heater, and the thermostat is at the lowest setting. Also all of the other cold taps are producing cold/cool water. It is only the kitchen that has the problem. It worked fine before the contractor put in the concrete but something has changed. Any ideas?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Are there any faucets with a hose where water flow is controlled at the end of the hose and the hot and cold controls remains turned on? When hot and cold services are combined, then hot water will often 'push back' cold water in the cold line resulting in hot water from the cold faucets in nearby faucets. Perhaps there is a pull down nozzle on your kitchen or laundry sink faucet that has a flow control at the end of the pull down hose?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks