Hot and cold reversed on Moen single handle faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

justinren

Reaction score
I just replaced my Moen single handle faucet in the kitchen (sorry I didn't realize this was the bath section) and hot is supposed to come out on the left hand side and cold out of the right but turns out it's the exact opposite. What do I need to do to reverse it?

Last edited:

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
No need to pull the cartridge. Just remove the handle and turn the stem 180 degrees.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
qquote;
Pull the cartridge out and reverse it 180 degrees

Do that and the faucet will operate EXACTLY the same way. Some time ago, I tried to get customer to take the handle off and rotate the stem 180 degrees, but he insisted on removing the cartridge and rotating it. I had to drive 25 miles there and back to rotate the stem for him and charged him 1 1/2 hours time, including travel, to do it.​

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks