Hole in well pump casing

Users who are viewing this thread

nbailey

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it.. Labor Day weekend and my well pump decided to develop a pinhole in the casing. Heard something odd in the basement and found it shooting out and making a mess. Thankfully must have caught it minutes after it started as there wasn't too much water on the floor but man was it spraying out for such a small hole. My plan is to order a new pump this week after the holiday but in the mean time running water would be nice. Anything I can use to seal the hole for less than a week other than holding my finger over it? :) I saw JB Waterweld but didn't know how it would hold up with the amount of vibration a pump can have.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect you are talking about the housing on a jet pump.

Maybe you could hold a piece of rubber over the hole with a big worm gear hose clamp.

nbailey

Reaction score
Yeah it's a Goulds J05N Jet pump. The hole is on the motor side of the casing in a flat section.

nbailey

Reaction score
Hold a piece of rubber in place with a C-clamp?
Thanks for your idea. Found a bar clamp with enough reach to get to the hole and clamped it down with a cut piece of rubber. No leak and water operational again! Now just need to order that new pump.