high temp flow reducer

Users who are viewing this thread

RoDa

Reaction score
I posted this question in the solar forum, but it didn't get many eyes, so I figured I'd try again here.

I'm looking for a flow reducer that will stand up to high temps (water from my solar array is around boiling), but all the ones I've found so far have max temp ratings of about 70 C. I need a flow reducer, as the system calls for about 2gpm, and the circulation pump at the lowest speed put out about 6 gpm (too high a flow rate, and the water doesn't reach max temp in the array).

Can anyone suggest a source for a high temp flow reducer?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I posted this question in the solar forum, but it didn't get many eyes, so I figured I'd try again here.

I'm looking for a flow reducer that will stand up to high temps (water from my solar array is around boiling), but all the ones I've found so far have max temp ratings of about 70 C. I need a flow reducer, as the system calls for about 2gpm, and the circulation pump at the lowest speed put out about 6 gpm (too high a flow rate, and the water doesn't reach max temp in the array).

Can anyone suggest a source for a high temp flow reducer?

Here is a Boiler Trim Valve that should work for your needs. http://www.yarway.com/hy-drop.asp

Or you can go for something a bit more expensive. http://www.tycoflowcontrol-na.com/products_results.asp?Selection=Control+Valves&m=1

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks