High Tank Water Closet - efficient?

Users who are viewing this thread

hmac

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to install a second bathroom in the basement and would like to use a high efficiency toilet. I'm wondering about High Tank Water Closets, how do they perform with respect to water consumption? (Are they practical?) Are there better alternatives that I should consider?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In the US, any new toilet sold today must meet the 1.6gallon per flush maximum. Some use a little less. Some toilets work quite well, some are abysmal. Go to Terry's home page and read the ratings/reviews and read some here.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

If you really mean a "high tank" toilet, meaning one with the tank near the ceiling they have much better flushing than a low tank because of the higher pressure generated by the added height.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks