Help with choosing softener and kitchen sink RO

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by Jakub, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jakub

Jakub New Member

Hello,

I've very limited experience with salt based system and no experience with RO systems.
    I'm in the process of buying a new house and had water tested:
    Calcium 60mg/L
    Magnesium 6 mg/L
    Iron 0.03mg/L
    Hardness 172 mg/L
    pH 7.9
    No bacteria of any kind

This 1984 house is on a well pump and we are a family of 4. The house has 3.5 baths.but one bathroom was added later as part of the house addition so not sure if main water supply pipe was increased.
    The softener system would be installed in the basement.
    First of all, would you recommend a water softener at all for this level of hardness?
    If yes, what model and what price should I expect?

Then, what kitchen sink RO would you advise?

I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you.

Kindest regards

Jakub

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Softener would be nice but probably not necessary. Stay away from the big box stores and the low price junk from online. I can PM you some reputable companies if you would like.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement