Help! We've tried Everything!! Urine around Base of Toilet!

Users who are viewing this thread

snickerfritz

Reaction score
We recently purchased a New house & have been experiencing the same problem in our upstairs bathroom, as the previous post by Northrambo. The problems are almost identical. At last there is someone else out there with the same problem! Have tried everything, even purchased a New toilet!! It's just absolutely horrible! There is urine around the base of the toilet & don't know how it's getting there. Just like the other member states, it's more toward the back of the toilet & on the sides where the toilet bolts to the floor. We've tried replacing the wax ring, then tried a rubber ring & nothing works! We have no animals in the house. The entire toliet can be dry, but around the base of the toilet there is always urine?!? Diluted in color, but very offensive in ordor. It seems to seap up from underneath?!? How can this be. Any help at all would be appreciated! Don't don't know what to try anymore. This is totally disgusting! I'm ready to take a sledge hammer to it! :( & NO...No one is missing the toilet... :)
Thanks!
Snickerfritz

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Was there any obvious evidence of leaking at the seal? Was the flooring and subflooring wet, the ceiling underneath? It it was leaking there, the floor would likely be rotten and othermoisture would be evident. If not, then it is highly likely it is Not a leak. Plus, as was indicated, if it was coming from inside, when you flush, you dilute it very significantly, and it is doubtful that it would have much odor left at that point...good luck.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
urine

Find out who's peeing on the floor.

hit-a-deer.jpg

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Personally, I think the guy's aiming elevation is off and he's missing the whole bowl! His aim is way too high if he's aiming at all! Otherwise the side of the tank and the seat bolts wouldn't be hit. So tell all the guys in the house to sit down, especially at night in the dark.... Or hand them the cleanup responsibilities.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

PlungerKing

Reaction score
I think you need one of those bullseye lights for when whoevers peeing at night. That or someone is sleepwalking and isn't aiming at all.

Lumber Jack

Reaction score
Here is my theroy. You claim no one is missing right? Well here is what is possible:

Water leaks out, it's very diluted with water but urine is present. After a few hours of sitting there it's possible that the majority of the water involved has evaporated. At this point it would be more odorfull and since water is gone it would be pure urine. Stronger then what came out of your bladder, since the water portion has evaporated.

Leaving you with a strong urine smell, feel and taste. My first recommendation would be cameras. I have a camera in my bathroom, it's great for pin pointing the culprit in situations like this and also it's good for when ladies are over. On **** you can buy a pinhole camera, store it inside of a model airplane or something like a clay giraffe. Set aside a VCR to record and set the power supply up to a light sensor. Now take a night out of your week to review the footage. You will find out if it's a leaky seal or a careless urine-smith with poor marksmenship.

toilet-with-urine.jpg

snickerfritz

Reaction score
No it's not anyone missing. The Men/Boys in the house have been banned from this bathroom! :) Which was of course was my first thought, but that's not it.
It's almost like when you flush the toilet, somehow it is back flushing back up and seaping out around the base of the toilet. Diluted with water of course, but is definately Urine & is more concentrated towards the back of the toilet. Could it be a pressure problem or something like that? Something that is forcing the leakage out?
My husband has this bathroom totally torn apart looking for the problem! This bathroom is going from Bad to worse! Don't know how much longer I can stand it! He even tried snaking it out last night & that's not the problem. Help!!
Snickerfritz

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the toilet rock at all? If it does, the seal will not last. Shim it properly, install a new wax ring.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
You didn't mention that when you had the toilet off the floor, that you used a pan of hot soapy water with disinfectant to clean up with.

Just so you know, some of these plumbers at this site have dealt with your same problem several times in their careers, so the possible solutions that you read here are as good as you'll get anywhere. And it's free.

Is there a slight drip at all coming from a tank bolt hole that might cause a little water around the base of the bowl and pick up some urine like odor, left over from the other owners?

It once took me three trips for the same complaint as yours and the 4th time the lady called, she couldn't apologise enough because she caught her little dear missing the bowl.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You say you replaced the wax ring, question, how do you know you installed the new one right?

Sulconst2

Reaction score
Lumber Jack said:
Leaving you with a strong urine smell, feel and taste :confused: . My first recommendation would be cameras. I have a camera in my bathroom, it's great for pin pointing the culprit in situations like this and also it's good for when ladies are over. On **** you can buy a pinhole camera, store it inside of a model airplane or something like a clay giraffe. Set aside a VCR to record and set the power supply up to a light sensor. Now take a night out of your week to review the footage. You will find out if it's a leaky seal or a careless urine-smith with poor marksmenship.

now this is scary!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks