Help sizing kitchen sink/washer/dishwasher water supply

Users who are viewing this thread

EIR

Reaction score
Good evening. Simple question.

I've decided to go with a more tradition trunk and branch layout with possibly a sub manifold or two.

I am plumbing in copper.

My kitchen sink base will house the supplies for the sink, dishwasher and a remote shutoff valve for a compact washer dryer.

As long as all three devices aren't being utilized at the same time, couldI feed a 1/2" copper line (one hot and one cold) into the sink base to feed all three fixtures, correct? The sink base is about 6ft from the water heater's location.

I'm trying to minimize wait time for domestic hot water. I know a 3/4" copper supply will handle that demand easily.

Typically a 3.2 GPM flow is estimated on a 1/2" copper line of reasonable length to stay under 5fps velocity.

2gpm for the sink and 1.5gpm for the dishwasher puts me over if used simultaneously.

I know the washer and DW are treated as intermittent draws by most.

EIR

Reaction score
Bump. Was hoping to get started tomorrow on some preliminary ground work and this branch will soon follow.

EIR

Reaction score
I thought so for a 6ft run off a manifold which is fed another 6ft away from the main supply line by 3/4" copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks