Help a student of Dominican engineering, bathroom design

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jose Gregoria Ramirez, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Jose Gregoria Ramirez

Jose Gregoria Ramirez New Member

Hello everyone, I am an engineering student in the Dominican Republic, I am doing a degree job in which I evaluate the construction habits of plumbing in my country.
    We do not use any specific code (UPC, IPC etc), our DWV plumbing code part has around 8 pages !!!!!!
    I am studying the typical case of a 4-level building with two apartments per level and two bathrooms per level. In the projects that I was able to review, they usually do what I show in figure 1, in my point of view it is a complicated design with many connections, I am proposing what I show in figures 2 and 3, The most important thing in our case is that it works correctly, at present we have many problems in plumbing systems.
    Any advice would be very welcome and sorry for my poor english.

Attached Files:

Jeff H Young likes this.
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Commenting on 2 and 3. I think UPC might have problems with the venting of the floor drains, but I think IPC would be ok with that.

Tee joining the horizontal 4 inch to the stack should be a sanitary tee, two 45s, or a combo. I am not a plumber.

I think most would run 3 inch to the stack, but certainly 4 inch is very good.

Sylvan and Jeff H Young like this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Sylvan and Jeff H Young like this.
  4. Jose Gregoria Ramirez

Thanks for your help Reach4 i really appreciate your help.

5. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

Jose No aplology for poor english. I have no excuse. Im from USA my whole life ha ha.
    The situation looks like it might be better if you just run vertical stack and not all the horzontal lines

6. Jose Gregoria Ramirez

Thanks Reach4, but i can only run vertical on that zone.

7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

8. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

Good info Reach 4. I was thinking more toward the single stack vent or waste stack method Illustrated. Something along those system types. I havent done system desighn of any signifigance in quite some time