Heatworks Model 1, tankless water heater

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Stuff, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Stuff

Stuff Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  2. Kayleigh Bohannan

Kayleigh Bohannan New Member

in the interest of full discloser I work for the company that makes the Heatworks MODEL 1 tankless electric water heater. if you, or any one in the forum, has any questions about the MODEL 1 please feel free to ask and I would be happy to answer. we have come a long way since the kickstarter days and i am sure the nature of the questions have evolved. we are in fact the world's first fully digital electric tankless water heater. what that means is we do not use a heating element at all. instead we use graphite electrodes which, in short, means no more plating or scaling, no super heated part waiting to fail, and quicker more efficient hot water delivered to you (truly) instantaneously! i have seen this thing work in action, right before my eyes so i know this isn't as good as a consumer review but i am here to help. thanks!

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber

I found this on their facebook.

Kayleigh Bohannan likes this.
  5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Are you saying that that water heater produces heat by passing current through the water?

6. Kayleigh Bohannan

In the interest of not writing a long post explaining the intricacies of the technology, click here http://myheatworks.com/electricians_whitepaper.pdf this will provide you with all the proper information. let me know if you have any more questions. thanks Reach4!

7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I was wondering how the graphite electrodes are involved in generating heat.

8. Kayleigh Bohannan

The electrodes utilize the natural conductivity of water to excite the molecules and basically the water heats itself. We call it Direct Energy Transfer as opposed to Direct Heat Transfer, which is what the heating element in your tank uses. I hope this clarifies it a bit. Let me know if you would like more info. Thanks!

9. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Thanks. When you pass DC through tap water you get hydrogen and oxygen, and if the water has salt, you get chlorine instead of part of the oxygen and you get sodium hydroxide. If the chlorine is confined, it could recombine with sodium hydroxide. Maybe with AC, things get undone quickly.

10. Kayleigh Bohannan

Reach4 thanks for your input. However, we use AC so there are no issues with this.