Hansgrohe 04233xxS adjustments

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I got these pictures from a friend, needing to adjust the hot stop for a Hansgrohe 04233xxS

hansgrohe-temp-1.jpg

Without being there, it would see that the brass fitting on the end would need to be removed before the adjustment can be made.

From the paper work I found online.

This trim is for use with iBox Universal Plus model 01850181 (not included).

Turn the rotational limit stop, clockwise to make the water cooler, counter-clockwise to make it warmer. Depending on local conditions, each notch represents a change in temperature of 4°F - 16°F.

hansgrohe-temp-4.jpg

hansgrohe-temp-2.jpg

Last edited:

David Lin

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if you figured out how to adjust the temperature with this cartridge/valve? I have the same one and can’t figure it out.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Turn the rotational limit stop, clockwise to make the water cooler, counter-clockwise to make it warmer. Depending on local conditions, each notch represents a change in temperature of 4°F - 16°F.

hansgrohe-temp-4.jpg

David Lin

Reaction score
I'm not sure sure what the "rotation limit stop" is as I don't see that. There's the screw that's in the brass piece. Does that come out as I tried pulling it out and it doesn't come out. My valve looks exactly like the colored picture, and not the drawing.

James R Lewis

Reaction score
I'm not sure sure what the "rotation limit stop" is as I don't see that. There's the screw that's in the brass piece. Does that come out as I tried pulling it out and it doesn't come out. My valve looks exactly like the colored picture, and not the drawing.

Here is the 10 million dollar answer as I just adjusted the rotational limit stop - First, taking from the picture at the very top, the Rotational Limit Stop is the white plastic piece with the grooves directly underneath the wording HOTTER COLDER, you will need to first remove the outer brass end being held by the phillips screw. I did this by utilizing an adjustable wrench to hold the brass piece still while I loosened the screw. Once you remove the brass end you can find written on the white plastic notched, rotational limit stop, "Pull and Turn to Adjust". And per the additional instructions above each notch accounts for 4 degrees F - 16 degrees F. I pulled the white piece out and turned it several notches counter clockwise, as my shower was too cool, and then let the piece ease back into place. I then replaced the brass fitting and the phillips screw. This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Last edited:

Blake Allen

Reaction score
Here is the 10 million dollar answer as I just adjusted the rotational limit stop - First, taking from the picture at the very top, the Rotational Limit Stop is the white plastic piece with the grooves directly underneath the wording HOTTER COLDER, you will need to first remove the outer brass end being held by the phillips screw. I did this by utilizing an adjustable wrench to hold the brass piece still while I loosened the screw. Once you remove the brass end you can find written on the white plastic notched, rotational limit stop, "Pull and Turn to Adjust". And per the additional instructions above each notch accounts for 4 degrees F - 16 degrees F. I pulled the white piece out and turned it several notches counter clockwise, as my shower was too cool, and then let the piece ease back into place. I then replaced the brass fitting and the phillips screw. This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

James, I've got a very similar valve - basically the same thing only with an extra diverter for secondary handheld showerhead. Anyways, I came to the same conclusion as you about how to adjust the white dial, but after I remove the end screw on the brass fitting, the brass fitting doesn't come off. It's as if it is all one piece with the entire cartridge. Possibly it is stuck, but I don't want to pull too hard and break it. With the brass fitting still installed, the white dial cannot be pulled back far enough to disengage the teeth and actually turn it to adjust temperature. Did that brass fitting come off easily for you after the screw was removed? I'm at a loss here and I've only got a lukewarm shower although the sinks are plenty hot.

Thanks!

Greg Stein

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as Blake and MerschT. The control is the same, as pictured in the first post, but the interior is different. I have attached a picture of it.

There is the brass fitting, and I've removed the screw. It will not come off. And I've applied sufficient muscle, I think. It moves about 1/16", and stops. I fear that maybe it has been crimped on, or something. If you look at the picture, there is a small inset on the brass part. There is no allen wrench or philips or whatever mold in the metal to unscrew it.

Behind the fitting is a plastic disc, then the rotational setting piece. The setting won't pull out far enough because of the plastic disc, and the brass fitting holding it in close.

The hansgrohe valve was installed in our new home build, early 2014.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_023618125.jpg
    IMG_20181218_023618125.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 718

Greg Stein

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as Blake and MerschT. The control is the same, as pictured in the first post, but the interior is different. I have attached a picture of it.

There is the brass fitting, and I've removed the screw. It will not come off. And I've applied sufficient muscle, I think. It moves about 1/16", and stops. I fear that maybe it has been crimped on, or something. If you look at the picture, there is a small inset on the brass part. There is no allen wrench or philips or whatever mold in the metal to unscrew it.

Behind the fitting is a plastic disc, then the rotational setting piece. The setting won't pull out far enough because of the plastic disc, and the brass fitting holding it in close.

Michael Stoecker

Reaction score

Hello,
Please contact Hansgrohe at 800-334-0455 for help.

Mikol

Reaction score

It comes off. I hit the same snag... seemed like the brass fitting would not come off... I used a pliers to grip and pull (gently but firmly, maybe with a little wiggle) and it came off.

I adjusted the plastic ring to make it hotter (turning counter clockwise) and reinstalled the brass fitting with the screw and everything is good now. Wife is happy!

Kim Heim

Reaction score
It comes off. I hit the same snag... seemed like the brass fitting would not come off... I used a pliers to grip and pull (gently but firmly, maybe with a little wiggle) and it came off.

I adjusted the plastic ring to make it hotter (turning counter clockwise) and reinstalled the brass fitting with the screw and everything is good now. Wife is happy!

Kim Heim

Reaction score
I just went through this water temp adjustment. To clarify, you do need to remove the Philips head screw at the end of the valve stem and you do need to take a pair of vice grips and gently pull the brass end piece outward from the valve (gently walk it out by rocking it side it to side while pulling outward) and you only need to pull the end piece out about 1/4" - 3/8". You do not need to remove it. It is a brass end piece mounted on a brass stem, so it is metal on metal and takes a little pulling to get it to move. The 3/8" will give you enough clearance to pull the white spring loaded plastic geared piece forward enough to rotate it. Slide the geared plastic piece back into desired position, reverse the removal process and you are complete. Hopes this helps!

Ayers Dog

Reaction score
I finally had success adjusting the temperature setting on this valve and wanted to share! The brass fitting does not come off, as far as I can tell. Remove the screw. With a pair of pliers pull the brass fitting as far out toward you as possible, may require a few jiggles and tugs. Turn the brass fitting to the 'on' position. Pull the white plastic piece as far out towards you as possible, then rotate counter clockwise for hotter water. (I saw one youtube video who demonstrated turning it with bruit force. However, in the end I did not have to use a great deal of force. Just make sure the brass fitting is as far out as you can get it.) It took several tries and fiddling, but the white plastic piece eventually rotated with ease... Turn the brass back to 'off' position. Push brass fitting back in, then return the screw. Good luck getting hot water!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks