Grohmix volume control valve handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Tempel

Reaction score
I have a Grohmix 34 474 mixing valve and three separate volume control valves (shower, handheld and rain shower) from the mid 90s. It looks like one of the volume control valves has given up and is leaking, regardless of how tight we turn the valve off. I am trying to access and id the valve/cartridge to try a DIY fix, but I cannot figure out how to remove the handle. There is an extension trim piece that does not rotate, and no visible setscrew to remove the handle. Any ideas?
TIA,
Mike

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I thought there were several other posts on the subject.. But I just did one last year. I'll try and dig up photos. IIRC theres a part that slides off rather than having a set screw.. i found it odd.

I used Grohmix in the search bar up top and found several including this one that I had replied to.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....e-grohmix-faucet-cartridge.68741/#post-646022

Hopefully they're the same or similar enough. I don't know old faucets like some guys on the site do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks