Help Removing Grohe (Grohmix) faucet Cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

ace15st

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to replace my Grohmix shower faucet's cartridge to attempt fixing it where there is no hot water coming out.

There doesn't seem to have much info on the internet, and I'm stuck trying to remove it. After reading somewhere and forcing the temperature limiting ring out, I am stuck again removing the "ring" that turns on/off the water, which is blocking me from removing the wall plate to access the valves to test the hot/cold water.

Any help/directions on how I should proceed is appreciated.

grohmix-handle-pic-01.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just having done this yesterday. The lever handle is held in place by a split ring circlip that needs to be spread and removed with a ring puller tool or needle nose pliers / jewlers pliers. Already removed in the above photo is a retainer that mates to the 1.5" diameter splines which is pryed off (Terrible design!)

https://terrylove.com/pdf/grohmix-tpi34436.pdf

grohe-34458-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks