Grohe Europlus shower cartridge replacement 19.716

Users who are viewing this thread

brett fox

Reaction score
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0433.jpg

I am having trouble removing the cartridge on my Grohe Europlus shower. I have the maintenance manual, and I can not loosen the set screw with a 3mm hex key as described in the manual. In fact, I can't get the hex key insert into the socket.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

https://western-sales.com/western/technical_docs/docs/tpi19716.pdf

grohe-allen.jpg

The allen wrench is on the handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce Terrill

Reaction score
I made the false assumption that the hole on the bottom of the chrome cylinder is where the set screw for the lever was located. I assume it's for drainage and has NOTHING to do with locating the 3mm set screw. You must pull the decorative chrome sleeve away from the lever to reveal the set screw, which will be at the bottom when the lever is at the 6 o'clock (off) position. If the house water main is shut off, the easiest way to get at this screw is to rotate the lever to the 12 o'clock position so that you're looking down at it. It's slightly angled towards the shower wall. My was stuck on pretty good because whoever installed it had stripped the threads on the lever side. I had to re-tap the lever to make it usable. I hope that helps!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks