Getting from a John Guest tubing system to a compression fitting for faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I am putting a water filter under a bath cabinet. I believe I have everything handled, except the transition from John Guest 3/8" tubing and the compression fittings used to connect to the faucet feed.

I am just not figuring out what part to provide the transition. What I bought is not a solution.

If someone could please identify the necessary parts (John Guest or other), I would be grateful.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
There is nothing to see. Just parts laying about ready to install. I just need a transition from 3/8" plastic tubing to a 3/8" compression fitting to go to the faucet. I bought a couple of parts I thought would work, but they are simply wrong. I am having a problem interpreting the standards on possible fittings to do what I need. Interfacing various threading/type standards with manufacturers info on the parts are confusing me.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are John Guest FITTINGS, but NOT "tubing". The tubing is just "gereric" plastic. THere are more than one way to connect to the faucet so we need to know what kind of connection it has. usually the faucet comes with the proper connector.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect alternety is asking how he can connect 3/8 OD plastic tubing to a 3/8 compression output on a stop valve. I think he would need an appropriate ferrule, and a brass or stainless insert. I was thinking he would not use the brass ferrule that came with the valve, but could use the nut that came with the valve. Or would he need a new nut also?

I maybe interpreted this wrong, so he can clarify. And if I interpreted correctly, why did he not show a photo of the valve output and the tubing he wanted to connect?

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I finally found a part to do it. A brass adapter that had a female 3/8" NPT (or at least close enough with some Teflon tape) on one end, and a male 3/8" compression on the other side. Not easy to find.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks