1/4 tube to 3/8" male compression adaptor? Kohler Wellspring beverage faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Rustypipe

Reaction score
I want to install a beverage faucet for my new RO system but I couldn't find many choices in oil-rubbed bronze to match other fixtures. I found the Kohler Wellspring beverage faucet which looks good and works with reverse osmosis (non-reactive). But...

The problem I have is trying to connect 1/4" tubing from the RO to the faucet whose connection is 3/8" female compression. I need a non-reactive adapter 1/4" push to fit to 3/8" male compression but I can't find it. I can get part way there with a John Guest 1/4" push to fit to 1/4" compression but I would then need another adapter.

Ideas?

- Rusty Pipe

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
simple put a 3/8 compression x 1/4 inch compresssion coupling on the faucet and then run your 1/4 inch tube to wherever you need

Rustypipe

Reaction score
I tried to find a non-reactive coupling but I'm coming up short: Home Depot, Lowes, John Guest, Lasco, Sharkbite, Ferguson, websearch and Amazon.

Suggestions?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
John guest plastic push fittings are used universally on all R.O. systems.
Good local plumbing supply shops have them. Murphy's 87th corollary dictates that they won't have precisely what you need.
We've removed about 6 older R.O systems after they age and people realize they don't need them with decent municipal delivered water.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
none of the methods are acceptable or available to rusty pipe. thats why I recomended a brass compression coupling reducer and be done with it screw the big end on the faucet and use 1/4 inch poly for the rest

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
John guest plastic push fittings are used universally on all R.O. systems.
Good local plumbing supply shops have them. Murphy's 87th corollary dictates that they won't have precisely what you need.
We've removed about 6 older R.O systems after they age and people realize they don't need them with decent municipal delivered water.
Second the John Guest fittings. They make everthing for a small diameter tubing

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
didnt see a 3/8 compression male x 1/4 inch push in plastic. but thats the ticket otherwise compromise somewhere

Rustypipe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies.

By non-reactive I mean something that won't leach or corrode with RO. This could be plastic or stainless. I didn't see any stainless solutions. I did find a potential solution from John Guest but I can't find someone who sell the first part.

3/8 compression male to 3/8 plastic tubing PSEI0112U9-US
3/8 tube to 1/4 tube PP201208W-US

I called John Guest and they directed me to a local rep who directed me to a local parts place which couldn't find the part but then recommended a part that turned out to not be compression. Ugh.

I also found something again close from John Guest

3/8 compression male X 1/4 tubing X 1/2 NPS female

but again I'm coming up short since I can't find a way to cap the NPS end.

I tried emailing corporate to see if the first part is available somewhere.

I feel like Morpheus is showing me how deep the fittings rabbit hole goes. o_O

-Rusty

Rustypipe

Reaction score
Epilog. Corporate got back to me but couldn't find a distributor with the first part but made arrangements so I could get the parts I needed.

-Rusty

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks