galvanized sink drain- want to connect pvc to it

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by gwg, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. gwg

    gwg New Member

    Oct 14, 2005
    I have galvanized drains in my house and an old pedestal sink in the bathroom with metal (galvanized?) pipes. I want to get a new sink and faucet and use pvc. How do I connect the pvc to the galvanized drain coming out of the wall? thanks for any help!

  2. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    The metal threads coming from the wall would work using a slip joint washer and slip joint nut.

    Then you can use that pvc trap with it.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Cal

    Cal New Member

    May 10, 2005
    Northern Virginia
    If you can get that old Galv. line out of the wall,,,,There is made a threaded piece of Sch. 80 pvc (it's dark grey) .You can thread that in, cut to length, glue new trap and be on you way !

    I get these at my supply house.Have NOT seen them at the box stores,,sorry
Similar Threads: galvanized sink
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Galvanized sink stubout soldered to drain/vent. Or maybe lead piping. Mar 6, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Should I remove a galvanized nipple that goes into the p trap in a bathroom sink. Oct 23, 2011
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Replace galvanized pipes in poured concrete Aug 8, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice How to connect PEX to galvanized half inch pipe? Jun 3, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice RPZA+PRV galvanized pipe exposed loop leaking; need to rebuild! May 18, 2017

Share This Page