Flow inducer sleeve sizing for 40gph 4" SP

Users who are viewing this thread

Evan Byrne

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm going to be installing a 35S20-8 SP pump and I'm trying to figure out what the appropriate flow inducer sleeve size would be. I see most threads on here people using a thin wall 4" PVC for a 4" pump, but I've also seen some mention of friction loss and larger sleeves for higher flow rates. This SP is going to be running continuously at ~40gph for hours on an irrigation system. Its going to be driven by a Grundfos RSI (solar) and I'd like to minimize friction loss and optimize flow as much as possible.

What size sleeve would you use for a 4" SP pump running 40gph?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Not use to seeing GPH, sorry. But that is less than 1 GPM so you need as small a shroud as you can get. Some pumps will not stay cool enough at less than 1 GPM.

Evan Byrne

Reaction score
Whoops. Yes, typo on the flow rate. I meant to say 40GPM. Gallons per minute. So with a 4" sleeve I shouldn't see any reduction in rated flow?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks