Floor mount, rear outlet toilet. Help finding a replacement toilet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Hksizzle1

Reaction score
Hi there,
Your help would be beyond appreciated. I have been trying to find a replacement toilet for close to a year and have been unable to find anything to fit the measurements I’ve taken. Of course I’m also clueless so...

Last year a pipe burst in my condo building causing extensive damage to our unit and requiring several months of labor. One of the contractors working on our unit dropped a heavy object on the toilet shattering the lid. They were going to help me order a new toilet but ghosted me after the incident.

They initially told me it was hard to find a replacement because it’s a rear eject toilet with unusual measurements, but many other tenants in the building have upgraded their bathrooms so I can’t imagine it’s impossible to find. I was unable to find any information on this model toilet online....

I think the toilet is from the 70s!

I am also pretty tired of looking at a duct taped toilet.

If anyone can help guide me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

as-rear-outlet-01.jpg

as-rear-outlet-02.jpg

as-rear-outlet-03.jpg

as-rear-outlet-04.jpg

as-rear-outlet-05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
"They were going to help me order a new toilet but ghosted me after the incident."

Why not let the condo board know as they should have held back at least 10% final payment for few months

Also YOU should have apartment insurance and must have an agent THEY are there to protect you and let them \sue the contractor as any normal condo, home owner or co op makes sure their vender's are licensed and INSURED

Hksizzle1

Reaction score
"They were going to help me order a new toilet but ghosted me after the incident."

Why not let the condo board know as they should have held back at least 10% final payment for few months

Also YOU should have apartment insurance and must have an agent THEY are there to protect you and let them \sue the contractor as any normal condo, home owner or co op makes sure their vender's are licensed and INSURED

Unfortunately our condo hired the vendor. The condo paid for the damage removal but myself and all of the other units affected by the flood just decided to continue working with them to do the reconstruction. Our old property manager knew the owner and they told us they verified their insurance etc. We actually still owed them a good amount of money when they ghosted us, more than enough to pay for a new toilet. The other unit owners and I thought about suing, but we were unable to locate the company and the number was out of service. Then our property manager got fired so we lost our only connection to them. It was a pretty crappy situation but since most of us still owed them money we dropped it

ToiletEnthusiast

Not a plumber, just a plumbing enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, an American Standard Yorkville! American Standard does still make the Yorkville, although it’s a pressure-assisted model so it’s a little louder, but performs pretty well. Kohler also makes a rear outlet toilet called the Barrington, which like the Yorkville is pressure assisted. Either will do just fine. The K69 in the tank of your current toilet indicates that it was made at American Standard’s Kokomo, Indiana plant (I’m 99% sure that’s where it was) in 1969.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would try to stick with a gravity model of floor mount, rear outlet in a condo. The pressure assist may be too much if you have an opposing bowl on the other side of the wall.
Gerber makes a Maxwell floor mount, rear outlet and so does American Standard now.
Your rough is a standard 4.-1/4" from the floor, plus or minus a 1/4"

You can also order just a replacement lid for what you have too.

yorkville-vormax-1.jpg

gerber-20-022-01.jpg

gerber-mx-21-022-spec-1.jpg

Last edited:

Hksizzle1

Reaction score
Thank you so much Terry and toiletenthusiast! I am so thankful that you took the time to respond. Words cannot even describe how appreciative I am.

Now, I do have a question. The floor mounting bolt location for the toilets I looked at thus far seemed to be different than my current unit. Is it difficult to remount the floor bolts? We don't know what is under our tile, it might be concrete.

thank you so much!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Worst case, they embedded the bolts into the concrete (but I doubt that). If they embedded them, you could cut them off flush then install new ones where they need to go. You won't know for sure until you remove the toilet. If you need new bolts in a different position, it's not all that hard to do into concrete...you just need the right tools. A carbide bit usually cuts into concrete fairly easily.

rambelmont

Reaction score
I learned of another rear-outlet floor-mount that relies on gravity without assistance - Swiss Madison Calice. Outlet is hidden so it looks very sleek and modern. Anyone had any experience with it?

swiss-madison-rear-outlet-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleveriamnot

Reaction score
The Swiss Madison requires a 7" high drain at the back.
All of the other floor mount rear outlet bowls are roughed at 4-1/4" from the floor.

swiss-madison-rear-outlet-3.jpg

Is there an adapter available for a 7” rear outlet to a 4”? I’ve seen diagrams and pics such as below online but never connected to a specific toilet or SKU.

DD1E97C1-85BA-45E9-A5EC-7AAF434DB1C2.png
847E0B6B-1DE0-4E25-ADC9-CE4A77691046.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks