Failing dual handle kitchen shut off valve

Users who are viewing this thread

BadSurprise

Reaction score
If a dual handle, dual outlet shut off valve that supplies hot water to the faucet and dishwasher was failing, would that impact the performance of the dishwasher?

New dishwasher bought 9/2016, stopped effectively cleaning 1/2018
Single handle faucet replaced 11/2018
Appliance repair man cleaned machine, replaced heat element/thermostat 6/2019
Water inlet valve on machine replaced 7/2019

When I had the supply line disconnected to change the inlet valve, the water would not completely stop. If this is the reason of poor cleaning performance, how? If anything, it looks like it's not pulling in enough water.

I appreciate any direction, ideas, previous experiences. Even the most unlikely cause, please let me know.

Thank you!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It is possible that the seat washer has disintegrated and pieces of it are blocking the water flow. However old valve will weep when closed because the seat washer is shot but not always block the water flow, so it is 50-50 that it is. If there is no or little water add a gallon of water to the tub and let it run, you should hear the water slosh around, then have this shut off valve replaced.

Old machines you’ll definitely know the water is entering the machine where as new ones you hardly know they are running. Most new machines have a filter inside of it at the bottom and they need to be removed and cleaned but your service guy would have cleaned it with the other work he performed.

To be sure, in the middle if the wash cycle, open the door. There should be 2-3 inches of water on the bottom and everything is wet, obviously. If there is plenty of water you need to remove the spray arm and and clean any debris inside of it. You may notice the nozzles are blocked with food particles or paper from stickers that are placed on dishware when bought new. If there is an upper spray arm it also needs to be checked and cleaned.

You cannot just poke into the nozzle to clear it since the debris will just plugged them up again. It can be a challenge with the arm removed to clear them out. It used a lot of hot water and you can try a vacuum cleaner hose attachment to try to suck them out from the center.

My son’s machine was having the same issue one time and almost every nozzle was plugged up. After I cleared all the nozzles it worked like new.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks