Help ID this shut-off valve

Users who are viewing this thread

timothyariel

Reaction score
Extremely unknowledgeable...

Is this an iron stop shutoff valve? That is, is this the type that screws onto the my water supply?

I'm replacing my kitchen faucet and replacing supply lines while I'm at it. Went to shut off this valve and it turns infinitely. It's old. Figured I'd replace it too. Seems like threads have been welded onto water line for it? Any clue?

I'm way new at this so I figured the more I know before I shut off my main line and try to replace this thing, the better. Of course, I'll know more as soon as I do get this old valve off and I'll report back with photos.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. found this forum while looking for some answers about broken shut-off valves. Seems like there are some kind and knowledgeable folks in here

Attachments

• IMG_8221.jpeg
    IMG_8221.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 54

Eman85

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber. Yes it looks like a threaded on stop valve. I'd buy a 1/4 turn one. If you go to Lowes buy every one you think might fit including a Sharkbite push to connect and a compression one. Always good to have a backup plan and Lowes takes everything back. Be sure to have some tape and pipe dope for the threads when installing a new valve.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
That grey stem looks a lot like Brasscraft so you could buy a multi-turn and try to swap out just the stem.
Actually you can remove the stem and use a small matching flat bibb washer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks