Expansion tank support

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by banjo bud, Nov 6, 2018.

1. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

B1C66C8D-E0F4-48EF-84E9-0FAB39323D0F.jpeg D8F65D4C-6C55-4C32-A4D4-DF293BDF2238.jpeg I didn’t like the idea of the tank just hanging there. If I’d slip into it, it’d be a disaster. So I made this little thing. Put foam weather stripping on it to protect both tank and pump motor. It’s pretty stable now.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Those tanks only hold 1 gallon of water, so not much weight hanging sideways. But the brace won't hurt a thing.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

I wasn’t worried about the tank alone. Im worried about me accidentally bumping it or falling into it. There’s not a lot holding it from breaking off of the threaded portion if a man falls into it.

5. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    You are much more likely to break off the little nipple to the pressure switch, so don't fall on it. :)

6. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

If the tank fails years down the road, the air gets out, an tank would probably fill with water.

Nice strut. Even if actually unneeded, it looks stronger.