DWV for new bathroom questions

Users who are viewing this thread

dlink

Reaction score
The pictures and drawing are what I am working with and what I need to do

Where the shower drain comes down from the floor the vent is roughly 22" behind as shown in the picture. The p trap would of course come down from the shower drain and will need to travel the opposite dirction of the vent.

The side view (last drawing) maybe shows more of what I am trying to do-The digital pic should have the drain at the end of the p trap facing toward you

thank You

Attachments

• DSCN9939.jpg
    DSCN9939.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 490
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 531
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:

dlink

Reaction score
Is there a code for the distance between san tee going to the shower and the street 90 run that goes to the drain?

Also what are my other option if the san tee and a street 90 does not fit in the space between the floor and the top of the cement wall?

Attachments

• plumb.jpg
    plumb.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:

dlink

Reaction score
The distance (Height) between the floor and the top of the cinder block is 7". A san tee and a street 90 is about 7 1/2 to 8" so it will not work. Any other things I can do that will meet Minnesota plumbing code

dlink

Reaction score
Is there any options that will adress my needs

The distance (Height) between the floor and the top of the cinder block is 7". A san tee and a street 90 is about 7 1/2 to 8" so it will not work. Any other things I can do that will meet Minnesota plumbing code

dlink

Reaction score
How to Connect Shower drain to vent

The pictures and drawing shows what I am working with and what I am trying to acompolish

Where the shower drain comes down from the floor the vent is roughly 22" behind as shown in the picture. The p trap would of course come down from the shower drain and will need to travel the opposite direction of the vent. (The digital pic should have the drain at the end of the p trap facing toward you )

The side view shows what I am trying to do

The distance (Height) between the floor and the top of the cinder block is 7". A san tee and a street 90 is about 7 1/2 to 8" so it will not work.

Are there any other option that I can do it is the last part of my plumbing. It will need to meet Minnesota plumbing code

Thank You in advance :):confused:

Attachments

• DSCN9939.jpg
    DSCN9939.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 355
  • plumb.jpg
    plumb.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 365

dlink

Reaction score
Thanks for the info but let me make sure I have this right.

For the vent I use a 2" Wye combo?
Off of the combo I use a 45 but what is a strset? ( street 90?)
And what do you mean a Huts?

Sorry the words were a little hard to read

I do know that I have 14" in between the joist that I have to work with.

Last edited:

C NUMB

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsmithplumbing.com
use a street 2"45"(1/8 bend) and a regular 45"(1/8 bend) to make the turns or you can use 2" long turn 90", the combo is a wye and 1/8bend

Sorry for the scribble:)

Thats Hub although it looks like huts- it is what happens when I work 27 hours straight, I think I'm going to need some sleep here soon.

dlink

Reaction score
so does this look correct. Also where are you stating to place a hub?

Attachments

• plumb3.jpg
    plumb3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 346

dlink

Reaction score
gotcha.... I will try it out and update you..

and again thank you for your help ...

OK we are getting closer. I have laid out the dwv the way you show it is the above posting. My joist are 16 oc. a 2" combo and 2 45 or 2 long 90's come out to be 16", I need to fit this in a 14"wide area between the joist.

I need to loose 2" some where is there any fittings that I can use to do it and still me code. example can I use a reg. 90* elbow or a street elbow on at least one end? or both ?

thanks

Last edited:

dlink

Reaction score
I have laid out the dwv the way you show it is the above posting https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=190358&postcount=52. My joist are 16 oc. a 2" combo and 2 45 or 2 long 90's come out to be 16", I need to fit this in a 14"wide area between the joist.

I need to loose 2" some where is there any fittings that I can use to do it and still me code. example can I use a reg. 90* elbow or a street elbow on at least one end? or both ?

thanks

Last edited:

dlink

Reaction score
I have laid out the dwv the way you show it is the above posting. https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=190358&postcount=52 My joist are 16 oc. a 2" combo and 2 45 or 2 long 90's come out to be 16", I need to fit this in a 14"wide area between the joist.

thanks

Anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited:

dlink

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a answer to my question regarding if I can use a lesser fitting that a long 90 or 2 45's to fit my space limitation.

My joist are 16 oc. a 2" combo and 2 45 or 2 long 90's come out to be 16", I need to fit this in a 14"wide area between the joist.

https://terrylove.com/forums/show...8&postcount=52

I really appreicate the assistants

C NUMB

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsmithplumbing.com
I have not been around today but how bout this

esplumbing-378252-albums-misc-shots-pic26597-03-18-2009-09-14-43pm.jpg

You may need to fir the wall behind the shower to make the 2" pipe off the wye fit into the wall. The 7" you have has made it difficult. Place 2 st 45 out of the wye and either a long sweep 90 or 1 st 45 and regular 45 to complete the turn back to the trap for the shower

dlink

Reaction score
I have not been around today but how bout this

esplumbing-378252-albums-misc-shots-pic26597-03-18-2009-09-14-43pm.jpg

You may need to fir the wall behind the shower to make the 2" pipe off the wye fit into the wall. The 7" you have has made it difficult. Place 2 st 45 out of the wye and either a long sweep 90 or 1 st 45 and regular 45 to complete the turn back to the trap for the shower

When I get a chance I will give it a shot. I really do appreciate the assistant you have provided. Your awsome

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks