Dropped screwdriver into bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew Schrader

Reaction score
I dropped a philips screwdriver and it made a little + indentation into my bathtub. 1/16" deep? Similar to if you slip on a drill and dent the drywall. Is it possible that this will cause a leak?

Should I put a dab of clear silicone over it? Epoxy? To prevent a future leak. Thanks!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Never seen a hole caused like that pressed steel? Fiberglass? Take a dart like a kids dartgun suction cup and test it If dart sticks you're good

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What is the base material of the tub? Depending on the coating, it might have been cracked. SOme might just have bent.

It's always a good idea to put a blanket or some other padding in a tub when doing some work in there. Next time...

Andrew Schrader

Reaction score
Thanks @fitter30 I don't think it's a through-hole so I just put a small dot of silicone over it. But I'll check this stuff out. I wonder how similar this is to JB weld products.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks